Middle Child = Trouble

So...I thought that by getting rid of my oldest son for the summer would bring me some peace. Two kids MUST be easier than three, right? Wrong! Not when you are talking about my kids.

It's been a week and a half since I shipped him off and I can't believe that I've been busier than ever. I have discovered that all the trouble lies on my second son. He's the middle child so he plays, or should I say fights with my oldest son AND my youngest daughter. I haven't had a quiet day yet!

He loves to annoy and bother my daughter who cries and whines at the slightest thing. The other day I was literally at the end of my stick and I threatened them saying if they continued with the drama that "this stick would be their bums' best friend". As soon as that spewed out of my mouth I almost burst out laughing so I turned abruptly and left the room before they noticed the huge grin on my face. It worked for about two hours before they started the theatrics again. I'm running out tomorrow for some earplugs!!

2 comments:

  1. hehehe.

    I am a middle child!

    I'm going to have to remember that line about the stick being their bums best friend.

    Girl...I need your mailing address again. Can you email it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a middle child too! We are supposed to be the peace keeper. LOL

    ReplyDelete