Addicted?

I've been living the life of a deprived addict for the past week. Sneaking out of the house for a quick fix...searching for a connection...feeling agitated and grumpy from withdrawl...what's wrong with me!!

Well...it's my internet connection...it was off-line for almost an entire week. The first couple of days were brutal. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I called my provider every chance I had to get an update. I literally didn't know what to do with myself. I was lost.

I would leave the house after dinner and sit at the local Starbucks for a quick fix...or sit outside the library where there's free wifi. I felt guilty for leaving my family but I NEEDED to check my email and Facebook. I HAD to play my Facebook games of Scrabble. I couldn't let my friends down...could I?

Well...I actually found that by the end of the week I wasn't all consumed about my computer and in fact got quite alot of work done around the house. The house...inside and out...is starting to look neat and clean.

Is it sad? I'm not sure about everyone else but I realized how much my life revolved around my computer and the internet. I don't know if I will be able to change my habits...especially now that I've got it back online...but perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to cut out one or two hours of internet and spend some quality time with the family.

4 comments:

  1. Big Fish is my weakness. I'm addicted to hidden object games. SIGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i agree completely!... hey do you think you could check out my blog im just getting started and im looking for viewers... please and thank you!
    ~Kaitlyn
    http://k8-random-dare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Simply Sarali and I too am a internet junkie.My own hubby tells me to get off that thing already,Loved your post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm Heather. I have a question about your blog, please email me when you get a chance. HeatherVonSJ(at)gmail(dot)com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete